Our goal is to provide life skills that keep our students healthy, safe, and smart all while enjoying the indispensable skill of swimming. We work hard to build confidence, success, a love of water, and a respect for safety.
SAFETY in and around the water is a primary concern of ours. You are upholding a key component of water safety by providing your child with swim lessons. You can also help keep your child and the other students at Charlotte Aquatics safe by abiding by the posted rules and reporting any safety concerns to our staff.
- Please do not leave valuables in your vehicle
- Glass containers and pets are not permitted in the building.
- Food and drinks are permitted in the spectator area but not on the pool deck or locker rooms.
- Children under 6 years old may use the changing room of either parent.
- Attendance at every class is a key to learning. Please be on time for class and allow for changing and showering time.
WATER RELATED ILLNESSES
- Please keep germs from creating a water-related illness by obeying the following rules:
- All children under the age of 3, or those who are not fully potty-trained regardless of age must wear a fitted, reusable swim diaper. Cloth diapers, regular disposable diapers, or commercial swim diapers (Huggies Little Swimmers, or Pampers Splashers) are not acceptable.
- Please do not allow your child to swim if they have diarrhea.
- Practice good hygiene. Shower before swimming and wash hands after using the bathroom.
- Street shoes are not allowed on the pool deck. Please do wear proper footwear within the building and parking lot. Bare feet invite injury.
FLOTATION DEVICES AND GOGGLES
Flotation devices and goggles (before Level 2B) are not used during instruction except under special circumstances. Please do not have your child bring toys to class. We provide teaching aids to “play” with.
This is your responsibility. Lockers are provided for your convenience and we encourage you to bring a lock. All locks will be removed each evening so please remember to take yours with you.
- You are invaluable in the learning process in terms of praising your child and reinforcing skills you want them to repeat. Reward effort as well as accomplishment. However, during classes, please leave the teaching to the instructor. Your child needs to concentrate on his/her environment and the instructor.
- Children copy parental attitudes. What you say, do, and your facial expressions, will influence your child.
- Be positive. Ignore or minimize negative reactions.
- Have patience.
- Swimming skills are not age dependent. Children progress at their own rate in swimming readiness, just as in all other areas of development.
Online registration is quick and easy. Look under the Classes Tab for a full description of our various types of lessons. Click on the class you want and a registration form will automatically open up populated with that class. You can register and pay all from the convenience of your home. Of course, if you have any questions or want a tour, please call or stop by.
We do have an membership fee of $35 per family. This fee will be charged along with your first month’s tuition and then annually with your January tuition.
Our monthly tuition is based on how many lessons are in that particular month. This means that some months may reflect four lessons and some may reflect five lessons. You will be charged on a monthly basis for the amount of lessons in that month. Your bank account or credit card will be automatically charged on or about the 26th of every month.
For Example, if your swimmer takes a group lesson on Tuesday and there are four Tuesdays in that month – you will be charged $118. If there are five Tuesdays in that particular month, you will be charged $147.50.
Per lesson Fees:
Group = $29.50
Private Lessons = $60
Adult lessons = $38
We hate to see you go but we understand that situations change. If you are having a scheduling conflict or any other concerns, please come and speak with us. We would be happy to assist you.
If you must withdraw from lessons, you must submit your request through your Parent Portal. At the top you will see “I want to” with a drop down menu. Select “Drop a Student”. In the Subject please write “Cancellation”. In the Message body please tell us your swimmer’s name, class, and day. Your last class will be 30 days from the time you submit your cancellation request or later if you request a later date.
It is important to note that when Charlotte Aquatics receives your cancellation form, your enrollment will terminate 30 days from the date your form was submitted or later if requested. If you change your mind, you must re-enroll. Space may only be available in a class other than the class that you have withdrawn from. As per the registration agreement, you will be billed for the next billing cycle through your last class. Hand written or verbal cancellations cannot be accepted.
We hope, for consistency and ease of learning, your child will be able to attend all of their lessons. We realize sometimes this is not always possible. However, in order to provide the best swim experience possible for all students, we do not allow students to make up lessons by moving in and out of classes. The consistency between the instructor and between the students allows all students to receive an excellent lesson and improves the outcome for swimming success. Therefore, if your child misses a class, we are unable to provide a make-up class for them.
We are unable to provide make-up classes or refunds for circumstances beyond our control – this includes closings due to inclement weather and closings for “accidents” in the pool.
In order to keep all of our students safe, we require all children under the age of three, whether they are potty-trained or not, to wear a re-usable fitted swim diaper. All children over the age of three who are not fully potty-trained must also wear a fitted, re-usable swim diaper.
Parents, when in doubt, it is always better to be safe than sorry. For your convenience, re-usable swim diapers are available for purchase at Charlotte Aquatics.
Locker rooms are currently closed for showering. However, our toilets are still accessible. To reduce any exposure to the virus, children must arrive dressed for their swim lessons and leave in a towel. We appreciate your being flexible with us during this time!
Children under the age of six may use the locker room with their parent. Children six and older must use their gender specific locker room. Moms of boys, we will try to make the boy’s locker room a Family Locker room whenever possible. Look for signs.
Cell phone and camera use are prohibited in the locker rooms. This ensures the safety and comfort of all parents that no photos or videos are being taken that may accidentally include their changing child in the background.
Please put your belongings in a locker or take them with you on deck. For the convenience of all parents, please do not leave your belongings on the benches. This allows everyone to have a place to sit and change.
Eating and drinking in the locker room is not allowed. It is difficult to keep the locker rooms clean when food gets soggy on the floor. You are more than welcome to eat snacks in the viewing area. Please do not bring any glass or ceramic into the facility.
We do have a lost and found basket. If you believe you left an item at our facility, please contact a staff member and they will be able to check for you.
We will hold on to items for three weeks after that, all unclaimed items are donated to Goodwill.